Objective Outside Sales/Major Account Manager
Experience 5/07- 8/08 Waste Service Inc
Independent Sales Consultant
Responsible for the implementation of new sales and marketing strategies, development and mentoring of
existing sales force and organization of target sales accounts.
* Assigned specific territories to sales team with targeted major accounts
* Instituted weekly sales meeting to review goals, objectives and overall progress
* Trained and mentored sales representatives through ongoing sales training program
* Introduced program creating a liaison between sales and operations targeting inventory and availability
* In addition responsible for developing and maintaining assigned geographical territory
* Since arriving revised history of stagnate sales and delivered consistent growth 22%
8/06-4/07 ThermoFisher Scientific
Outside Account Manager
Responsible for a distribution line of over 650,000 products utilized by clinical laboratories. Managed
a book of business consisting of 35 major hospitals and independent laboratories billing over 3.5 million
per year. Charged with developing this book of business to an annual dollar increase of 7%.
* Introduce new products replacing competitor’s brands.
* Drive pricing to maximize Gross Profit.
* Implement strategic business reviews for prime vendor accounts.
* Interface with accounts payables.
* Technical demonstrations utilizing manufacturer’s products and personnel.
9/02 – 8/06 San-I-Pak Inc.
Technical Sales Representative-Territory Manager
Dynamic sales and marketing management career delivering state-of-the-art technology to the healthcare
and biotech industry. Keen presentation, negotiation, communication and closing skills.
To oversea the selling cycle of custom fabricated capital equipment for the treatment and disposal of
general and regulated medical waste. Systems consist of hydraulic high pressure steam autoclaves, compactors,
shedders and conveyor systems.
* Manage current customer base, cold call and prospect in a 10 state territory and Washington DC.
* Qualify leads and plan meetings to introduce equipment to hospital decision makers.
* Devised winning sales presentations utilizing multimedia demonstration techniques to consistently outperform
* Work within all local, state and federal regulatory mandates.
* Successfully market capital equipment in a hospital environment with a price range of $100K to over
10/99-06/02 Professional Records Storage, Inc. Landover, MD ( Company Sold )
Sales Manager Baltimore Metropolitan Region
To solely target and acquire a new client base in order to expand and develop in to the Baltimore Metropolitan
* Established a new client base in the Baltimore Metropolitan region. Top clients include: Ciena, Monumental
Life / Aegon, Corporate Express, BFI and St. Agnes Healthcare.
* Grew revenues from $0 to greater than $750,000 annually since expansion into new marketplace.
* Generated leads through cold calling, networking and related professional associations.
6/92 – 8/99 Browning Ferris Industries Baltimore, MD
Major Account Executive / National Account Manager: 5/96-8/99
* 120% to plan on 1999 sales quota.
* Increased National Account base by 30% over prior year.
* Finished in the top 5% for new business sales in BFI North Atlantic Region.
* Implemented price increase and new contract renewal matrix representing a 20% increase over prior year
Territory Sales Representative: 6/92 – 5/96
* 1996 Sales Representative of the Year, Mid Atlantic Region.
* Increased territory from 1.2 million to excess of 4 million.
* Successfully negotiated service and pricing agreements to reach return on gross asset goals.
11/90 – 5/92 Quest Health and Fitness Baltimore, MD
Assistant General Manager
* #1 gross dollar generator.
* Managed and trained ten sales associates.
University of Maryland Baltimore County Baltimore, MD
* B.A., Economics
* Maryland State House of Delegates Scholarship
* Awarded Distinguished and Meritorious Scholar.
* Graduated Phi Theta Kappa
* A.A., Chemistry, Community College of Baltimore