SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Mid-level network engineer with many successful years of highly skilled experience which includes optical, data, telecommunications and information systems. I have worked on network infrastructures from Government, Private and Public sector such as Treasury Systems, General Services Administration, Military, Banking and other agencies with vital sensitive information. Pre, Post sales and Project Management skills. Experience & special skills include :
• A strong knowledge of DWDM & SONET standards, VPN’s, VLANs, DNS/DHCP & SS7.
• Experience in WAN, LAN Network Systems Installs, Administration, Maintenance and Operations.
• Fast / Gigabit Ethernet & regular Ethernet, TCP/ IP & OSI model layer technologies. RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, IGRP, IPX, PPP, MLPPP, SNMP & other protocols. VoIP. ATM/FR technology. CoS & QoS.
• Installed, diagnosed & configured computer systems, 800-7000 series Cisco & other companies routers, SonicWalls & other network devices at Commercial & Enterprising locations & at CO’s & CLEC’s.
• Switches: Cisco Catalyst 2950 & 3550, Nortel, Juniper, Harris, Fujitsu, Tellabs,etc.Kentrox CSU/DSU’s.
• Applications: Cisco IOS/CatOS, Microsoft 95/98/NT/2000/XP & UNIX OS’s; MS Office, Medical Manager, SCO, Intergy, Naviscore/Taos. Protocols : NetBIOS/NetBEUI. Cylink encryption systems.
• Tested Systems utilizing OTDR’s, Optical Meters, Agilent Spectrum Analyzers, BERT testers, Firebird’s 6000/2310, T-bird testers, Multimeters, Black Boxes, LAN/WAN cable testers & Sniffers among others.
• A+, Network+, LCFI, Cisco CCNA Certified 10/07’, *MCP, CWNA, Security+ 10′.
• Lucent APX – 8000/MAX TNT Multi-Protocol Access Concentrator Remote Switch Server.
Network Implementation Engineering Consultant – 3/2008-6/2009, J Consulting, NY
•Implemented and assisted clients with various network needs including installation requirements and system solution recommendations and with configurations of routing and switching equipment to help raise 11% increase in sales to company through implementation procedure recommendations.
•Performed Time Warner Cable 2 month contract work on assignment to Insight Global on ODN (OCAP) /MDN (Mystro), Compass PMG CAS to MAS migration as well as the configuring of these systems.
•Offered simple cost effective solutions for network pre-engineering clients needs to help increase profits.
Motorola DAC Digital Video Field Engineer – 10/2007-3/2008, TechUSA (Motorola), PA. MD.
•Performed the Setup, System Integration, Test and Verification of the features and functions of Motorola Digital Access Controller and Headend Switched Digital Video systems & Video On Demand systems.
•Knowledge of and Performance testing of digital cable networks, CATV topologies, RF, HFC and Data signaling, DAC upgrades/patches/deployments/operations/installations/applications & provisioning of Downstream and Upstream plants, EIA channels, QAM & QPSK modulations & DHCT’s familiarization.
•Deployment skills with Unix/Linux/Solaris/Sybase Customer databases and spectrum analyzers.
Digital Field Operations Engineer – 2007, Volt (Scientific-Atlanta, A Cisco Company), GA.
•Maintain & install digital headend systems and perform professional on-site activities for customer’s digital video solutions & work with vendors to integrate the S-A system with other network components.
•Provide oral & written system status to customer, S-A SciCare Management & engineering in the implementation & testing of new STB’s products that used SARA/Passport Applications & install all DNCS software upgrades emphasizing customer service, technical proficiency & self initiative with 100% uptime goals in mind along with superior communication soft skill requirements.
Systems Field Network Support Engineer – 2005 – 2006; WebMD (Emdeon), Huntersville, N.C.
•Established relations with doctors, nurses, office managers, hospital staff and IT medical clients to provide specialized support on operational and maintenance IT issues to systems equipment and help increase profits by 17% to exceed company performance expectations or requirements.
• Diagnose mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures using established procedures.
• Extensive practical knowledge of Unix / SCO, Windows MS Servers, OS, DNS, MMClient, AIX, Seibel, Oracle & Kronos & ability to write & edit scripts in Vi and similar text editors required.
• Strong practical knowledge of communications & routers, modems, workstations and printers.
Network Integration Engineer – 2002 – 2005; Dewayne Edwards Consulting, Charlotte
• Performed various freelance and contract services like : SONET optical network & data systems installs, operations, maintenance, integrations, test and turn ups & internetworking problem troubleshooting resolutions on Enterprising customer LAN/WAN networks with 99.9% efficiency goals maintained.
• Cisco SMARTnet support upgrades utilizing Cisco IOS, Cisco Works & Cisco View for SNMS and SNMP platforms and for device-status monitoring, device-specific component diagnostics and configurations and hardware updates to insure optimum network operational efficiency of 99.9%.
• Installed & configured Cisco Aironet Wireless Access points, PDA’s, Laptops/PC’s & modems.
Senior Data Services Network Engineer – 1998 to 2002; Lucent Technologies, Charlotte
• Installed, upgraded, operated & maintained optical & data telecommunications lines, network system facilities / components / devices according to customer demands, MOPs & SLAs resulted with a 22% increase in work productivity as a direct result of what I accomplished while employed there.
• Performed complex integrations, revisions & test/turn ups of optical & data network systems.
• Evaluated Division multiplexing methods to help populate, provision and resolve circuit issues.
• Direct field operations Personnel in changing hardware when necessary to resolve Network problems.
• Security Clearances from U.S. Departments of Treasury, Justice & TRW (Northrop Grumman).
Alcatel/Lucent Technologies Optical & Data Products Training Operations with Maintenance :
• DDM’s-1000/2000 DS0-D3(T1-T3),OC & MUX’s 1-192 Wavestar 10G (OC192) or 2.5G (OC48); FT-2000 FDDI OC-48 Lightwave Systems. Stinger DSLAM, Packetstar, AnyMedia & Pathstar, APX 8000/MAX -TNT Multiprotocol WAN Access.B-STDX8000 / 9000, CBX500/GX550, Lambda,.Wireless & RF Networking – Digital cellular CDMA,TDMA & GSM & analog cellular FDMA.
• CO Switches, Cisco Catalyst switches and CatOS commands, Channel Banks, OLS 400/800G/1.6T Advanced, PSTN, POTS and Wavestar Bandwidth Manager & Softswitches.
• Analyzed trouble reports to enter codes / commands for system tuning alarms & circuit outages.
• Completed training courses for U.S.Treasury / U.S.Justice Department to work on their System infrastructure networks at offices of the U.S. Marshals, Customs, Secret Service, IRS and ATF.
• U.S. Navy, Orlando/Chicago/Norfolk. Missile/Gun Fire Control Technician. Honorably Discharged.
• Security Clearance attained & required to work on high level military Gun & Missile weapons systems.
• Evaluated electronic schematics to troubleshoot & repair component circuits & HW systems equipment.
Bachelor of Science in Business & Behavioral Sciences minor – Erskine College, Due West, S.C.