Need: SW Integration Test Engineer for our end client – Alcatel-Lucent Technologies Inc.
This is an onsite position.
If you are interested please respond with the following:
– Updated resume
– Visa status / citizenship: ________
– Your current location (City, State): ______
– Are you willing to relocate to Raleigh NC (Yes / No): _______
12+ Months contract
This engineer will develop and execute test plans iPON CFT lab n the in the Raleigh development center as well as the Verizon Maintenance Engineering lab in Baltimore Maryland. The CFT team is responsible for customer focused testing of PON solutions. This testing requires extensive knowledge of L2/L3 networks and how to apply to customer deployments. Testing will include voice, data, video services, robustness, and element management.
Engineer will be responsible for designing, configuring, executing and documenting solution level testing.
Required Qualifications (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge): BS/MS Computer, Electrical, or Software Engineering or equivalent industry experience in the validation and introduction of emerging telecommunications technologies
Must be proficient with the following:
• Extensive background in GPON Solutions specific to the FiOS implementation
• Layer 2/Layer3 IP protocols
• Troubleshooting Knowledge in Ethernet based network operations
• Ethernet snooping tools (Wireshark…)
• Working experience with IPTV and SIP preferred
• Perl (other scripting languages) desirable
Desired Qualifications (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge):
Extensive background in GPON solutions
Customer care and advocacy skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Must be able to effectively argue in the customer’s best interest
Experience with Ethernet and voice test equipment a plus